1. The City of Hubbard income tax rate is 1.5% effective 01/01/2005.
2. All City of Hubbard residents 18 years and older must file a City income tax return. This also includes persons who are renting in the City—not just homeowners.
3. If you have retired and have no active wages (i.e. w-2, 1099 M, etc.) and do not have business/rental tax returns, you must register with the City of Hubbard tax office, and an account in your name will be put on an inactive status. You will not receive a tax return. However, if your tax filing situation changes, it is your obligation to re-register with the tax office.
4. Forms are mailed annually. However, failure to receive a form in the mail does not exempt individuals/businesses from filing. Forms are available in the tax office, on the City of Hubbard Web site, and at the Hubbard Public Library.
5. Tax returns must be accompanied by all supporting documents-w-2 forms, federal schedules, etc., and they must be signed.
6. Tax returns are due on or before April 15. Extensions for FILING ONLY must also be filed by the April 15 deadline. All fiscal returns are due within 105 days after the end of the fiscal period.
7. Any tax due should be paid in full when filing. Remember, extensions are extensions to file not extensions to pay.
8. Checks should be made payable to the City of Hubbard Income Tax Department.
9. All taxpayers who expect to owe income tax of $200.00 or more for the tax year must also complete the Declaration of Estimated Tax located at the bottom of the tax return form.
10. It is the duty of each employer located within and/or doing business within the City of Hubbard who employs one or more persons—whether as an employee, officer, director, or otherwise—to withhold the appropriate 1.5% tax and remit such amounts to the City of Hubbard Income Tax Department on either a quarterly or monthly basis as determined by the Tax Administrator. Further information