High school or GED equivalent, plus experience and/or training in the fields of machinery, heavy equipment, automotive/diesel repair and maintenance; or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from an accredited institution.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license, and must be able to qualify for and remain insurable in accordance with the City’s vehicle insurance policy. Must possess or obtain a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsement within 18 months of employment.
Skilled in: motor vehicle (automotive and diesel) and equipment repair, use of bench and/or hand tools.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION: (The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive)
- Performs a variety of complex and skilled vehicle and heavy equipment maintenance tasks (e.g., runs complex diagnostic tests to ascertain repair needs, rebuilds engines and subsystems, fabricates parts for repairs, etc.); documents work performed and parts usage in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Performs a variety of vehicle and heavy equipment maintenance tasks (e.g., engine tune-ups, installs spark plugs, replaces headlights, installs other replacement parts, etc.); performs minor body repair work on vehicles (e.g., straightens dents, repaints, sands, etc.); documents work performed and part usage in accordance with applicable policy and procedure.
- Maintains proper communication with supervisor.
- Maintains required licensure and certification.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: (The Following Are Examples Only and Are Not Intended To Be All Inclusive)
Trucks, automobiles, and other motorized equipment; hand and power tools; automotive diagnostic equipment; welding equipment; fabrication tools.
This is a class 9 position with an hourly rate range of $17.67-$23.56 per hour, based on the tier system specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Hubbard and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Ohio Council 8, AFL-CIO, Local 1256. Resumes and letters of interest will be accepted at the Mayor’s Office at 220 West Liberty Street, Hubbard, Ohio 44425 until January 6, 2023.
A full position description is available at the mayor’s office or call with any questions – 330-534-3090.