Utility Bill Assistance
Trumbull Community Action Program (TCAP), 1230 Palmyra Rd; SW has announced their Summer Crisis Program will be beginning July 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021.
Eligible applicants / households may qualify for one or a combination of the following: an air conditioner / fans (if no air conditioner/fans was received from TCAP in 2018, 2019 or 2020); a one-time payment for the regulated electric bill not to exceed a total maximum benefit of $500.00 or not to exceed $800.00 for unregulated electric portion of bill.
Eligible applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Households with a household member age 60 or older, no medical documentation is required;
- Households whose electric has been shut off, or is in threat of disconnection, or new service is being established;
- Households under the age of 60 with documented medical conditions or diagnosis of Coronavirus in the last 12 months;
- Customers who are enrolling in the Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) for the first time or have a PIPP default;
- Disconnect notice is not required to receive a benefit.
Appointments can be scheduled by calling (330) 951-0015 or on-line at https://capappointments.com *Please wait for confirmation number to secure appointment*
There will be face to face interviews Monday and Fridays as walk-ins. Face masks are required. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be appointments by phone only. A caseworker will call you at the date and time of your appointment.
Applicants will be asked to provide:
- Proof of income for primary applicant and all household members 18 years of age or older;
- Social Security cards or birth certificates for all household members; and
- Copies of most recent utility bills (primary heating and electric).
- Completed medical form from TCAP or physician medical prescription, if applicable.